The Materials Postdoc Association Committee (MPAC) has recently been formed in order to work with the department to promote the professional development, communication and sense of community of postdoctoral researchers in the Department of Materials. If you have any suggestions as to events that you would be interested in attending, or if you would like to join the committee, please contact Ed Darnborugh (firstname.lastname@example.org).
An Introduction to Fellowships for Early Career Researchers - 28 February 2020
Gaining a research fellowship is a major step on the academic career ladder. This talk and subsequent discussion will help you to understand the dos and don’ts of fellowship applications, guiding you through the process and explaining the support that is available within and outside of the department. The session will be led by Prof. Chris Grovenor and Dr Jo Roberts. Amongst them, they have a wealth of knowledge about the application and review process for fellowship applications; Jo is a finance administrator managing grants and all individual fellowship applications within the department, whilst Chris has been heavily involved in submitting and supporting, as well as reviewing grant and fellowship applications. After Jo and Chris have shared some of their experiences, the floor will be open for questions. All researchers are invited to attend this event, which will be held in the Hume-Rothery lecture theatre at 1600 on Friday 28th February 2020.
Materials Postdoc Association Committee (MPAC)
Functions of the Committee
To consult with the postdoctoral researchers of the Department and its representatives, and to advise the Faculty, Head of Department and Director of Studies of any issues which it thinks relevant. The Chairperson to report once per term to the Department of Materials Academic Committee.
- Ed Darnbrough - Chair & MPLS Representative
- Barbara Maciejewska - Begbroke Representative
- Benjamin Jenkins - Safety Committee Representative
- Joanna Zajac - Equality and Diversity Representative
- Florian Vigneau - Postdoc Away Day Organiser
- Weinxin Song - Enterprise Representative
- Jack Haley - MFFP Representative
- Junfu Bu - SOLBAT Representative
- Anna Kareer - OMG Representative
- Sebastian Bonilla - E&IM Representative
- Chairperson by election from within the Committee
- Chairperson of MPAC to present minutes at DMAC meetings once a term.
Minutes of Meetings
Minutes of the more recent meetings of MPAC are available on WebLearn. They are published here after being confirmed by the Committee as a true record.
These minutes are only accessible to members of the Department of Materials
Minutes from MPAC