Contact Info | Membership | Functions | Schedule | Minutes of Meetings
Enquiries should initially be directed to the committee's Chair, Angus J Wilkinson
Equality Diversity & Inclusion Committee : Terms of Reference
- Ex Officio Members
1. The Head of Department
2. The Head of Administration and Finance
3. The Head of Department's Executive Assistant (for departmental communications purposes)
3. The Human Resources Manager
- At least four additional staff members of the Department of Materials, including representatives of:
- academic related staff (including post-doctoral researchers)
- technical and professional support staff
- At least two additional members from the student body, providing representatives from
- undergraduate students (nominated by JCCU)
- post graduate research students (nominated by JCCG).
Functions of the Committee
- To promote equality and diversity within the Department of Materials on grounds of gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, religion and age.
- To promote and support work/life balance for all members of staff within the department.
- To monitor and report on:
- Flexible working arrangements
- Ratios of applicants and successes, where appropriate, under equality criteria for undergraduate, graduate, postdoctoral and staff opportunities
- To monitor career support and mentoring for staff in the department
- To inform the department generally of the work of the committee and any initiatives within this area.
- To report regularly to the Departmental Committee and other departmental bodies as appropriate.
Schedule of Meetings
- The committee will meet at least once per term.
- Meetings will normally be on Tuesday of week 5, though will typically move one week earlier when a clash with school half-term occurs.
- Meetings will normally run from 9:30 to 11:00 am.
- Meetings will be offered in hybrid mode combining in-person and remote attendance via Teams/Zoom.
Minutes of Meetings
- From Michaelmas Term 2022 agenda and minutes are available via SharePoint (here is the link).
- Minutes will be forwarded for review at Departmental Committee.
- A short report may also be made to Faculty when significant items should be flagged there.
For more information about equality diversity and inclusion see the department's Equality Diversity & Inclusion webpage which is maintained by this committee.