Head of the Advanced Materials Group, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, UNIVERSITY OF BUENOS AIRES (UBA), ARGENTINA
Doctor in Materials Science, University of Buenos Aires
Thesis: “Rapidly Solidified Al-based Alloys”. (Research partially developed at the National Centre for Metallurgical Research –CSIC- Madrid, Spain)
Mechanical Engineer, University of Buenos Aires
Advisor to the Minister for Science, Technology and Innovation of Argentina (2008-2019).
Visiting Professor at the European Master of Science in Advanced Functional Materials. FAME Programme. Grenoble, France (2012).
Visiting Fellow, Mansfield College, University of Oxford (2009-2010).
Royal Society Visiting Professor, Department of Materials, University of Oxford (2005).
- “Roberto Cunningham Prize”, recognition for Academic Leadership in Technology. Foundation for the Science & Technology (FUNPRECIT), Argentina (2012).
- “Honourable Diploma to the Academic Merit”, for an extensive academic contribution to the University and to Society, University of Buenos Aires, Argentina (2011).
- “Pedro Vicien MEDAL”, for an outstanding scientific development. National Academy of Science, Buenos Aires, Argentina (2008).
- “Academic Vocation Prize 2008”, for an outstanding contribution to education in mechanical engineering. Selected by a Panel composed of Deans and Rectors of several Argentinean universities and colleges. Foundation “El Libro”, Argentina (2008).
- “Parliament Merit Recognition”, for a high value contribution in science and technology. Honourable Senate of the Argentine Republic (2008).