Printing within the Department of Materials is generally achieved by printing to networked laser printers, although some direct attached printers are still in use within a few research groups.
There is central DigitalPrintroom located in ETB room 10.14 with printers and scanners available for all users.
Network printers available throughout the department are listed at http://iprint.materials.ox.ac.uk/ipp and can be accessed via an iPrint server which provides a mechanism for installation of relevant driver to each computer.
Detailed instructions with screenshots:
If you are in a hurry, then the brief instructions are :
- Open a web-browser like InternetExplorer or Firefox but not Chrome and not Safari. (Also note Windows7 must right-click and RunAs Adminstrator)
- Visit http://iprint.materials.ox.ac.uk/ipp(only accessible from within the Department)
- Click on the column header "Location" to sort by location then scroll down to find the nearby printer.
- Click on the printer name to automatically install the printer.
- First time you click on the printer you will be prompted to download and install the iPrint client after which you will need to restart your web-browser before trying to install the printer again.
- Printing requires authentication using your Materials0 account credentials, also many printers are restricted to certain users so you may not have permission to install a printer.
- Report queries or problems to itsupport@materials