Terms of Reference | Functions | Minutes of Meetings
Enquiries should initially be directed to the committee chairman Lapo Bogani.
Equality and Diversity Committee : Terms of Reference
- Ex Officio Members
1. The Head of Department
2. The Head of Administration and Finance
3. The Director of Studies
4. HoDs' EA (for departmental communications purposes)
The membership is made up of at least four additional members of the Department of Materials, including representatives of faculty, academic related staff (including post-docs), technical and support staff, and graduate students.
Functions of the Committee
- To promote equality and diversity within the Department of Materials on grounds of gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, religion and age.
- To promote and support work/life balance for all members of staff within the department.
- To monitor and report on:
- Flexible working arrangements
- Ratios of applicants and successes, where appropriate, under equality criteria for undergraduate, graduate, postdoctoral and staff opportunities
- To monitor career support and mentoring for staff in the department
- To inform the department generally of the work of the committee and any initiatives within this area.
- To report regularly to the Departmental Committee and other departmental bodies as appropriate.
Minutes of Meetings
Minutes are available on Materials EDC weblearn site.
For more information about equality and diversity see the department's Equality and Diversity webpage which is maintained by this committee.