Library Arrangements & Guidance for Use in TT21
Special considerations to deal with the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic
To ensure the safety of staff and other Library Users, please read our specific measures detailed below.
Who is Eligible To Use The Library?
All members of the Department.
The maximum occupancy at any one time for each area is as follows:
179.20.21 Journal Room: 4 persons
179.20.19 Foyer: 1 person
179.20.18 Book Room: 2 persons
What To Expect During Your Library Visit
- There are only three desks available as study areas and they must be booked in advance using booking system.
Time slots are 9-1pm or 2-5pm during weekdays and you can book upto two slots in advance.
- Other users may access the library for brief consultations of items and the borrowing of books, subject to the room occupancy limits above.
What do I need to bring?
- Your University Card if you wish to use the self-issue system.
When you arrive
- Please ‘check in’ by scanning the QR code (using the NHS COVID-19 app) on the poster on the library door.
- If you are unable or unwilling to use the NHS COVID-19 app, please email Grace at firstname.lastname@example.org, with your name, date and time of your visit.
- If on entering the library there is more than the prescribed number of persons, please remain outside until someone comes out.
- Use the sanitiser provided to clean your hands when you enter and leave the library.
During your visit
- Observe the social distancing measures in place.
- Wash or sanitise your hands at regular intervals, including when handling books and journals.
What collections will be available?
You will be able to access:
- Our open shelf collections in the Book and Journals Rooms.
For items located in the Library Office
- Please email email@example.com with the details of the item required and arrangements will be made for you to collect the item at a later date.
- These can be used to access SOLO, ebooks and online journals.
Can I borrow books whilst I’m at the library?
- Borrowing is permitted via the Self-Issue Machine*.
- Any item removed from the library must be checked-out on the system. If you have a problem while using the system you must email Grace with the details.
- Wipes are provided for you to use before and after accessing the system.
*Should you encounter any problems using the Self-Issue Machine, please email Grace, providing details of the text concerned.
What should I do with my books when I have finished with them?
- If you have only been consulting the item/s
- Please leave books on the trolley after you have finished using them
- Staff will return them to the open shelves.
- For items which you have had out on loan
- Place in an envelope (provided) and mark with the date of return and then deposit in the Book Return Box, which is located in the ground floor foyer of the Hume-Rothery Building
- These will be quarantined for 72 hours (3 days) before being registered as returned and becoming available again. Therefore there will be a delay before the item is discharged from your record.
Send any questions about accessing the library and general resource enquires to Grace at firstname.lastname@example.org