Forms and Documents
This page attempts to summarise in one place all the forms and (word) documents on the website. Email the webmaster if you have suggestions.
- Department Handbook (Full documentation)
- Research and Teaching Forms
- Administrative Forms and Documents
- Purchasing, Finance Forms and Documents
- Safety Documents Forms and Links
- Department Document Templates
All department procedures are contained within the single document entitled Department Handbook. This document is given to each new member of department when they arrive. See the adminstrator's secretary for up-to-date printed copies. The document is up-dated annually each September ready for the new intake of students.
- Most information on Research activities is in the open-access section on Research
- Most information on Teaching activities is in the open-access section on Teaching
- Lecture feedback forms
- JCCU Questionnaire or JCCU Questionnaire
- JCCG Questionnaire or JCCG Questionnaire
- Part II student Project Management Forms
- Part II - Supervisors Form (doc~35kb) This form must be completed by the supervisor prior to the start of the project.
- Part II - Project Description Form (doc~40kb) This must reach the Project Organiser by Friday of 0th week of Michaelmas Term.
- Part II - First Project Analysis Form (doc~36kb) This must reach the Project Organiser by Friday of 6th week of Michelmas Term.
- Part II - Second Project Analysis Form (doc~28kb) This must reach the Project Organiser by Friday of 6th week of Hilary Term.
- Graduate Project Management Forms
- Graduate Project Management Form 1 - Project Description Form (week 5 Michelmas Term 1st Year)
- Graduate Project Management Form 2 - First Year Report Form (week 4 Trinity Term 1st Year)
- Graduate Project Management Form 3 - Project Analysis Form (week 5 Michelmas and Trinity Terms 2nd year)
- Graduate Project Management Form 4 - Project Analysis Form (week 5 Michelmas and Trinity Terms 3rd year)
- Other research and teaching forms:
- Option Course Claim Form ~29kb
- XRD equipment access form (also see xrd bookings)
- EM access form (also see EM access instructions)
- OMCS access form
- V-1: Bullet-point Summary of Invitation Procedure ~48kb
- V-2: Policy and Procedure ~12kb
- V-3: Bench Fees ~12kb
- V-4: Funding ~12kb
- V-5A: Flowchart ~12kb
- V-5B: Flowchart Notes ~12kb
- V-6: Countries of Visa and Non-Visa Nationals ~12kb
- V-7: Application to host an Academic Visitor ~48kb
- V-8: Application for Certificate of Sponsorship ~106kb
- V-9: Visa Information Form ~48kb
- V-10: Workshops - Note on Visas ~48kb
- Travel Insurance Guidance and Application Form ~28kb
- Travel on Departmental Business notes ~29kb
- Graduate Conference Travel Form ~32kb
- Access to ETB and HB ~32kb
- Maintenance Request Form ~28kb
- Stores Issue Order Form ~29kb
- Alcohol Issue Form
- Workshop Job Request Form ~29kb
- Catering Request Form (Aramark) ~32kb
- Driver Authorisation Form ~32kb
- Merit Review - Nomination Form' ~32kb
- Merit Review - Personal Application Form ~32kb
- Overtime Form ~32kb
- Self-Certification Form ~32kb
- Sickness Confirmation Form ~32kb
- Sickness Notification Form ~32kb
- School pupil one day 'shadowing' visit guidelines ~50kb
- School pupil work experience or short research project guidelines ~50kb
- Student work experience - application forms ~50kb
- Purchasing advice and supplier suggestions
- Requisitions, Orders and Equipment Purchasing Information ~118kb
- Requisitions Form ~58kb , Requisitions Form ~29kb
- Expenses - please see central admin website
- Entertainment Claim Form ~25kb
- Casual Payroll Claim Form ~90kb , Casual Payroll Claim Form ~36kb
- Department Research Grant OG form to be filled in prior to grant applications ~25kb
- Asset Disposal Form ~25kb
- Safety and Security Committee (SASC)
- Departmental Safety Policy ~142kb
- Departmental Information ~142kb
- Safety in Laboratories ~72kb
- COSHH regulations ~68kb
- Waste disposal instructions for main site ~100kb
- Waste disposal instructions for Begbroke site ~100kb
- Personal risk assessment notes ~28kb
- Chemical Risk and Safety Phrases ~68kb
- Personal risk assessment form ~28kb
- COSHH assessment form ~28kb
- Area risk assessment form ~40kb
- Waste disposal form ~16kb
- Equipment working overnight form ~36kb
The University of Oxford has a strong brand and is actively promoting the careful and correct usage of the Quadrangle and Rectangle brand marks and the belted crest. Please see the Oxford University Branding Toolkit for many pages of guidelines and instructions.
The above images are PNG files suitable for inserting into Microsoft Office documents and presentations and printing on desktop colour laser printers. (Rightclick image and select SaveAs). Note that the Branding Toolkit contains more brand marks for use with Microsoft Office.
In addition the Department of Materials has it's own "OxfordMaterials" brand which should be used in conjunction with the University Brand on all departmental publications.
The above image of the Oxford Materials logo is a JPEG image suitable for inserting into Microsoft Office documents and presentations and printing on desktop colour laser printers. (Rightclick image and select SaveAs). For larger publications such as posters a TIFF image is available Oxford Materials logo (TIFF). Note that in 2012 the website redesign project modified the colours of the Oxford Materials logo so all members of department are requested to discard old versions of the logo.
In 2008 the Department redesigned it's headed notepaper to incorporate the new Oxford University brand rather than to use the University recommended stationery. It was decided that the rectangular brand mark (rather than the quadrangle) was a better balance with the OxfordMaterials logo. It was decided that the recommended Foundry font was not compatible with the font of the OxfordMaterials logo therefore the notepaper footer text is Verdana font. It was decided not to pre-print personalized notepaper for senior staff. Generic pre-printed header notepaper is available to all members of department from Reception. Several slightly different Microsoft Word document templates are provided below which recreate the pre-printed headed notepaper.
- OxfordMaterials Headed - without Addressee block
- OxfordMaterials Headed - with Addressee block
- Blank Letterhead - without Addressee block
- Blank Letterhead - with Addressee block
Also see the Deparment of Materials Business card printing service.